2021 Reading Challenge

 

This year I have decided to give myself a year-long reading challenge. I want to read the books I already own, and I want to read 25 of them! I managed 12 last year, even while finishing my degree and not reading for weeks at a time. I think I can do it.

Here are the books I want to read, somewhat in the order I want to read them

The Year of the Rat, Clare Furniss

Girl, Woman, Other, Bernardine Evaristo

      What A Time to Be Alone, Chidera Eggerue

      Birthday Letters, Ted Hughes

      Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng

      Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn

      Brokeback Mountain, Annie Proulx

      Ruby Fruit Jungle, Rita Mae Brown

      Maurice, E. M. Forster

      Nightwood, Djuna Barnes

      The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead

      Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race, Remi Eddo-Lodge

      The Help, Kathryn Stockett

      Thornhill, Pam Smy

      Listening to the Animals, Noel Fitzpatrick

      The Angel’s Game, Carlos Ruiz Zafón

      The Testaments, Margaret Atwood

      The Midwich Cuckoo, John Wyndam

      Annabel, Kathleen Winter

      A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess

      Nineteen Eighty Four, George Orwell

      The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

      Username: Evie, Joe Sugg

      A History of Britain in 21 Women, Jenni Murray

      The Sense of an Ending, Julian Barnes

 

I’ve picked these books because they are the ones I am most excited to read from my ever-growing collection. I think there is a good, diverse selection. We have mystery, we have classics, we have books by Black authors, LGBTQ+ books, graphic novels, a few non-fiction, and even a poetry collection. I am excited about the reading I’ll be doing, about the analysing and the reviews I’ll get to write.

I’ve already finished The Year of the Rat (review blog post pending), and am currently reading Girl, Woman, Other, What A Time to Be Alone, and Birthday Letters.

Wish me luck!


Ellen Victoria

Follow me on Instagram @artawaytheworld for more bookish content. 

Comments

Popular Posts